Sunday, December 30, 2007

For the Sunday Featured Stamper Challenge at Splitcoast

I've had this set for a while and it had never even been mounted, so I figured that was as good an excuse as any to case this card: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ga...p;ppuser=54696

I think it's time to change the water in these flowers! I know this looks easy and probably is, but I had to recolor this vase like 12 times, it kept bleeding, so I gave up and used colored pencils, but then the color wasn't right so I went over it with the blender pen and mellow moss. It does match better IRL now, but not in the photo. It needs something on the right, but I'll have to think about it.

Stamps: Vases in Vogue
Paper: Mellow Moss. white, and MME
Ink: Bravo Borgundy, Mellow Moss, Stardust
Accessories: Organdy Polka Dot Ribbon

Stampin' Up sent this set to all the demonstrators about a month ago. I was unsure about it, lacking creativity, but there sure have been some beautiful cards made with it on Splitcoast. I made this for today's featured stamper challenge found here. She sure has a beautiful gallery, if you get time check it out and participate. She used a build a brad from Stampin' Up, they are awesome and I must get some. You can use your own stamps or DP to make brads, how cool is that! The idea is to "case" the featured stamper making at least two changes.

I changed the colors, paper and ribbon because I didn't have them, Unfortunately, I don't have any build a brads either so I used a different designer brad. Instead of a regular square I used the nestabilities scalloped square (on loan from Mom). I colored this with my new Copic Spica Glitter Pens that I got for Christmas and cut the little tiny flowers out of the DP and added them over the existing flowers.

Stamps: Time Well Spent
Paper: Purely Pomegranate and Designer Series
Ink: Copic Spica Glitter Pen Red
Accessories: We R Memory Keepers Designer Brad, Purely Pomegranate double stitched ribbon
This was very easy to do and the outcome is a beautiful card, at least I think so!

Thanks for stopping by! Deb

2 comments:

Lynn Put said...

Deb,
Your card is so pretty, I love the designer paper and scalloped edge!

Trina said...

Very nice card...very cute!!
Love that beautiful designer paper!!