Monday, December 3, 2007

Pepper Coasters


Today's challenge was to make coasters. I've been wanting to make some of these as gifts for a while, so I am grateful for the nudge. This is my Dad's dog(baby) Pepper. When Cameron was little, he would forget his name and ask if we could go see "onion". LOL! It's debatable who loves this dog more. Last time they come over my son took tons of pictures of the dog (none of the people)!

I printed the pics on regular paper and used Modge Podge to adhere it to the tile that I purchased at Lowe's or Home Depot and then put several layers of Modge Podge on top, waiting for each to dry. I' had seen someone do this on Slpitcoast before, but can't remember who. I'm thinking I should put some sort of sentiment or write pepper on them. What do you think?

I made one of this style before and it works. As for the ones with the Staz-On and chalk, they were a nightmare, but I never baked them. Someone on Splitcoast let me know that I should put them in the oven @ about 325 for 20 minutes or so. Guess I'll have to try them again, but not tonight. By the time I got home from work and got everything else taken care of, just didn't have it in me! Oh and don't forget to put some protection on the back. I used Heavy Duty felt pads purchased at Home Depot, they are about the size of a quarter, but in the past I have used other kinds of felt too!

Thanks for looking!

No comments: